Navy Transition Assistance & Separations | TAP, GPS
Related Enlisted News
SEPARATION AUTHORITY GUIDANCE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SEPARATION PROCESSING FOR ENLISTED MEMBERS DIAGNOSED WITH POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER OR TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
Fri, 26 Jan 2018 23:07:28 +0000
* The Transition Assistance Program is now called Transition GPS.
This page offers enlisted Sailors transitioning, or separating, information that is available online. Regardless of your reason for transitioning or separating, you should check to see what benefits you are entitled to and most important, you should check to see that all your records are in order. Everything from medical to education has been documented and you have access to that information and the ability to correct any errors. Failure to fix your records cou ld delay, and make it more difficult to get any benefits that you are entitled to have.
Two areas that deserve attention are any medical conditions that occurred while in the Military and also all training and experience you received while in your rate. For some it can be substantial but for all, regardless of how long you were in, there are documented skill-sets that you attained while in the performance of your duties. This is in additional to all your training including boot camp.
Included on this page is information on how to appeal administrative discharges (see separations) and how to submit updated information to the discharge review board. If applicable, you must submit your information as soon as possible and it is of utmost importance that the information you submit is accurate.
- Transition GPS
- Enlisted Early Transition Program (EETP) - EETP is a quota controlled voluntary separation program. Available quotas are identified by rating, paygrade, year group and NEC.
- Career Transition Office (CTO) - Enlisted Active Component To Reserve Component Transition (AC2RC)
- Reserve Affiliation/Benefits
- Transition Assistance - Navy specific program
- DoD Transition Assistance Program - provides information, tools, and training to ensure Service members and their spouses are prepared for the next step in civilian life
- DoDTAP Login - provides separating Service members and Veterans access to Transition Assistance documents
- Transition Assistance Program - U.S. Department of Labor
- Transition Assistance Program - Veterans Opportunity to Work, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Onward to Opportunity (O2O) - A no-cost training and certification program for service member transitioning to civilian careers