Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist Program (EAWS)
Enlisted Career News
ADVANCEMENT EXAMINATION READINESS REVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUEST FOR NOMINATION OF SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS
Wed, 08 Mar 2017 21:09:21 +0000
EXTENSION OF DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR VOLUNTARY EXTENSION OF ENLISTMENT TO COMPLETE PRESCRIBED SEA TOUR FOR FIRST-TERM PERSONNEL
Wed, 01 Mar 2017 19:23:02 +0000
The purpose of the Navy EAWS Study Guide is to help enlisted sailors become enlisted warfare specialist qualified.
The first step in qualifying for the EAWS program is to get command approval. Your supervisor will probably direct you to your command’s coordinator or Career Counselor.
After you have been approved for the Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist program, you will be given the common core and Navy ship, unit or aircraft specific PQS books. The links on this page provide common core and some unit specific study guides needed for your enlisted warfare specialist studies.
The next step is to get signatures for both common core and Navy ship, unit or aircraft specific specialties. You may either attend scheduled classes if there are any in your command, or get signatures from a qualifier individually. To obtain that signature, you must demonstrate knowledge – and will probably gain additional knowledge, for that particular area of study.
After getting all signatures, you will take the Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist test. The test consist of material referenced in your PQS guide. Next comes the EAWS board. You will demonstrate your knowledge to a panel of members who have been chosen to determine if you are an Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist!
Getting qualified as a warfare specialist is not easy. It’s rewarding though and is an important career milestone. Remember, don't get signatures without studying first. You'll be wasting the Warfare Specialist qualifier's time and yours.
If you are interested in starting an EAWS Discussion for your command or for an EAWS group, let me know and I'll include the sub category for the EAWS group you are interested in on the discussion page. Also, if you know of any EAWS links or have some updated EAWS material you'd like to share please send it my way!
- King's EAWS Core Tutorial
- King's CVN Tutorial
- Herring & Kunz HH/SH-60H/F (HS) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist Tutorial
- U.S.S. SAIPAN And King's Amphibious Assault Ship LHA (Specific) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Tutorial
- Chapman And King's Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Fixed Wing Electronic Attack (VAQ) Specific Tutorial
- VFA, F/A-18 Hornet Tutorial
- Washington And King's P-3 (Specific) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Tutorial
- King's C-130 (Specific) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Tutorial
- King's C-9B/DC-9 (Specific) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Tutorial
- Starr And King's C-2 (Specific) Enlisted Aviation Warfare Specialist (EAWS) Tutorial
- Fixed-wing (VP) platform