Enlisted to Officer News
Navy Enlisted to Officer Programs
The enlisted to officer programs allow enlisted sailors in the United States Navy to become an officer if they meet the criteria specified for a particular officer program. Besides recommendations for the specific program you should be aware of what applies to all programs.
- Your performance must be superior to your peers
- You should be a team player
- Keep your uniform & grooming above standard
- Be an expert in your field
- Continue your education as much as possible
Competition is tough but these programs allow top-notch Sailors to becoming an officer in the United States Navy. If you are interesting in one of these programs, you should first become familiar with the instructions that govern these programs. You can then gather the required information you will need when you talk to your Career Counselor, chain of command or Officer who has knowledge of these programs.
Officer Program Related Websites
LDO & CWO Board Results - Includes results, precept and quotas
LDO & CWO Guidebook - The Limited Duty Officer and Chief Warrant Officer Professional Guidebook
Aviation Selection Test Battery (ASTB) - used by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard in the selection proccess for officer aviation program applicants
The following fleet commissioning programs were combined to create the STA-21 Program:
• Seaman to Admiral
• Enlisted Commissioning Program (ECP)
• Aviation Enlisted Commissioning Program (AECP)
• Nuclear Enlisted Commissioning Program (NECP)
• Engineer Corps Enlisted Commissioning Program (CECECP)
• Fleet Accession to Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) (Includes Nurse Option)
• Broadened Opportunity for Officer Selection and Training (BOOST)
Medical Service Corps Program - MSC -IPP / PA
This program offers enlisted E5 through E9 who meet certain criteria, an opportunity in undergraduate and graduate training leading to a commission in the Medical Service Corps.
Opportunities are available in:
• Health Care Administration (HCA)
• Physician Assistant (PA)
• Environmental Health (EHO)
• Radiation Health (RHO)
• Industrial Hygiene (IHO)
• Occupational Therapy
• Social Work
Limited Duty Officer and Chief Warrant Officer Program
This program offers highly qualified and motivated enlisted E6 through E9 personnel to become a Limited Duty Officer (LDO) or Chief Warrant Officer (CWO).
This program offers qualified enlisted Sailors of all rates an opportunity to earn an entry-level nursing degree and an appointment as an Ensign in the Nurse Corps. Enlisted Sailors and Marines may apply to this program.
The Academy offers qualified enlisted active duty, reserve, Marine Corps and other armed forces members an opportunity to apply.
Combined Navy and Marine members can compete for 170 appointments via their commanding officer. Other qualifications apply.