Navy Enlisted Military and Electronic Service Records
Enlisted Electronic Records, Pay & Benefits News
GUIDANCE FOR TRANSFERRING HEALTH SERVICE TREATMENT RECORDS FOR ALL UNITED STATES NAVY ACTIVE AND SELECTED RESERVE SERVICE MEMBERS
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 22:16:19 +0000
GUIDANCE FOR ARCHIVING AND REPORTING ON SERVICE TREATMENT RECORDS (STRs) FOR ALL ACTIVE/SELECTED RESERVE SERVICE MEMBERS
Sun, 06 Nov 2016 21:26:30 +0000
Your enlisted military service records start when you first join the Navy and follow you after have served in the Military. Your records include career, advancement, pay, education, medical and other areas pertaining to your service in the Armed Forces. Unfortunately these records are located in different departments which makes tracking and correcting your records difficult at times.
One should start verifying their records as soon as they can. For most, your friendly supervisor should be your point of contact on how to check your records. Don't be afraid to ask – everyone who cares about their career has had to learn how to check their records for accuracy. And the sooner you start the better while things are still fresh in your mind.
Supervisor should start dropping the hint to their troops also. Since inaccurate records can impact pay, advancement, qualifications and other areas, being pro-active will alleviate delays that Sailors have encountered. So again, supervisors; consider getting your troops started on checking their records and you too will reap the benefits.
Records Log in
- My Navy Portal - The one stop shop to manage your Navy career.
("How tos" below)
Review Your Navy Records
- Document Submission - Informative page on submitting enlisted documents in your military records
- Request For Continuity Memorandum Missing IRR Duty And Non Affiliated Periods
- SECNAV M-5216.5 - Department of the Navy Correspondence Manual
- Personnel Records Review - step-by-step inventory of your OMPF and ESR for completeness and accuracy
- Scrub Your Record - How to Review Your Record in Preparation for the CPO Selection Board
Related Navy Records Websites
- The Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) - Contact info
- Career Management System (CMS), Interactive Detailing (ID) (CMS-ID) - How to and other info
- Records Management and Policy
- Board for Correction of Naval Records (BCNR) - Acts as liaison for Navy Personnel Command (NPC) to the Board for Correction of Naval Records
- What is an Official Military Personnel File (OMPF)?
- Veterans Service Records - Request Your Military Service Records including DD 214/ Separation Documents, Personnel Records, and/or Medical Records
- Military Human Resource Records - Record services are provided to active duty, discharged, retired Navy service members and their families, personnel offices, other Department of Defense, state, federal and local agencies, and members of the general public
- Correcting Military Service Records