103 Airframes - EAWS
|Professional Development EAWS ESWS/ FMF VFA|
|You Are Here > Professional Development > Warfare Specialist > VFA Specific EAWS > 103 Airframes|
|| | Make Me Your Homepage! | Site Index ||
VFA Specific EAWS Sections
103.1 State the purpose of a hydraulic patch test.
1) Patch testing is the primary contamination measurement method used at all levels of maintenance.
2) Aids in determining fluid contamination level, ensuring a high level of fluid purity.
103.2 State the purpose of a tactical paint scheme.
1) Are applied to an a/c to lessen the probability of visual or photographic detection.
2) Used for deception, reduction of detection range, or to confuse and mislead observers.
103.3 State the purpose of the following publications and their application to the F/A-18:
A. NAVAIR 01-1A-509
1) Provides information on material and procedures for the prevention and repair of corrosion damage to equipment on land and sea.
2) Supervisory and maintenance personnel shall use this manual as a guide for all corrosion control and maintenance efforts.
3) Contractors who are required to maintain and repair corrosion of aircraft and related equipment shall use this manual.
B. NAVAIR A1-F18AC-SRM-500
1 Provides corrosion control procedures for organizational, intermediate, and depot levels of Maintenance.
2) Should be used with NA 01-1A-509.
3) When tasks are identified as intermediate or depot they will be identified as within each specific procedure work package.
103.4 State the three modes of wheel brake operation.
1) Normal brake
2) Emergency brake
3) Parking brake
103.5 Discuss the purpose of composite airframe materials.
1) New materials are used in aircraft to limit weight, decrease effects of corrosion attack and to increase strength.
2) All composites are used for high performance composite structure, both monolithic and sandwich material.
103.6 Discuss the following repair terms:
A. Temporary Repair
1) One, which may allow aircraft to be flown until permanent repair can be made.
2) Normally restores full load carrying capabilities to required structure member.
3) May be lacking from the standpoint of interchangeability off parts, aerodynamically, or with respect to fatigue life.
4) Normal temporary repair will be removed and permanent repair installed at earliest practical time.
5) Instructions for temporary repair include information on flight restriction which must be observed until permanent have been completed .
6) Temporary repairs are as simple and practical as possible.
B. One-time flight
1) Repair made to restore limited load carrying requirements to allow an aircraft to be flown to a repair station for permanent repairs.
2) Instructions for one time flight repair include all information on flight restrictions, which must be observed during ferry flight.
C. Permanent repair
Repair equals or exceeds strength of original structure or component with no adverse affects on structural integrity, fatigue life, safety , or flying characteristics.
VFA EAWS continued..
|Thank you for for visiting the EAWS VFA Specific Study Guide for the F/A-18 Hornet page!|