College Benefits, Tuition Assistance & Enlisted Navy Training
Related College Education News
Interactive Instruction Dramatically Improves Navy College Program Required Training
Wed, 01 Nov 2017 17:04:17 +0000
One area some Sailors neglect is to keep track of the training they receive while in the Navy. Navy and rate training is kept in your records and can help you with employment and college credits in the future. But sometimes this information is entered incorrectly (sound familiar) or not at all. It is the Sailors duty to keep track of, correct and update those records if needed. This is also a good time to remind supervisors that they should relay this information to their troops which is beneficial in establishing a good office or shop.
In addition to Navy schools, enlisted personnel have an opportunity to continue or start their college education using tuition assistance and Montgomery G.I. Bill if eligible. This is a great way of reducing the cost of going to college which some members join in the first place to save up for college! Planning ahead is the key because this time around the Sailor must schedule their class time around their work schedule – it can be done though and enlisted personnel are encouraged to do so.
For those pursuing an education related to their rate, they may want to visit the Rating & Degree Roadmaps link on this page. This will give you a better idea of what credits you have earned, what college credits you can get in the future and what types of degrees or certificates there are in your field.
College | Tuition Assistance | G.I. Bill
- Navy College Program
- Tuition Assistance Information - Navy College Program
- Web Tuition Assistance (WebTA) - Application for filling your tuition assistance online and routing via chain of command and the Nacy College Office for approval
- G.I. Bill Information
Navy, DoD Training & Skills Courses
- Online Academic Skills Course and College Placement Skills Training (OASC & CPST) - College Placement skills training for service & family members
- My Navy Portal - The one stop shop to manage your Navy career.
- Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME)
- Defense Acquisition University
- DAU Courses - partnership programs you can take
- DLIFC.edu - Defense Language Institute
- Medical Education & Training Campus
- Joint Forces Staff College
- Blended Retirement System training
- Navy COOL - Credential Opportunities On-Line
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) - DANTES
- American Council on Education (ACE) - Military Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services
- DANTES - Programs and services that support all of the DOD components and the Coast Guard
- Dantes Kuder - College & Career Planning Counseling Services
- Education Assistance - Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- FAFSA - on the Web-Federal Student Aid
- Military Families and Veterans - U.S. Department of Education
- Veterans Upward Bound Program
Free College Courses